Friday, January 30, 2015

My Personal Story on Domestic Abuse




Domestic Abuse is REAL.. it's Hard to talk about and many live in fear for their lives each day...
I commend the advertisers for including this commercial in the Super Bowl
The woman on the phone was very clever to do this and the dispatcher was on his toes to pick up on it..
Myself I was not abused but my mother lost her life to domestic abuse., so that makes us victims.. I look back.. of course I cry for not getting her out..it's so hard when a loved one is in a relationship like that, they for one are scared of whatever the person has threatened them with....and on this end it's very hard cause you plead and talk and think you have them convinced to leave and then they turn and go back... looking at my Moms life... she was very talented.. very beautiful.. her family all loved her very much...but she lacked self confidence... I don't know why.. I will never understand it.. she had it all... but she always got involved with monsters.. prescription drugs, alcohol.. you name it... her insecurities kept her with them.
CONTROL is NOT Love.. and if you have someone that is controlling you and may be abusing you.. make that call... get to a safe place... God has a special plan for your life and living in fear is not it.
To all that have always been there for our family
and helped us cope with this.. May The Lord Bless You... It never goes away.. but your support and love sure help <3
Holly Capron
#getout #domesticabuse #superbowlcommercial

No comments:

Post a Comment